Saturday, May 2, 2009

Walgreens & CVS 5/2

I will admit I'm not a huge fan of Walgreens usually. I did ok, but they have this silly register problem where you can only use as many coupons as you have items. Doesn't sound like a big deal, right? BUT their register rewards count as coupon. So even though I had a $5 register reward which is just $5 off the purchase, I had to toss an item in to apply it to.

Here is what I got:

1 Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner $13.99
1 Excederine Back and Body $1.29
1 Excederine Extra Strength $1.29
1 Burts Bees Lip Shimmer $1.29
-------------
Total=$18.93
-$7 Scrubbing Bubbles
-$5 Register Rewards
-2 $1 off Excederine
---------------
New Total= $4.93 and received $3 back in register rewards

Second Transaction:

1 Nivea Body Wash $4.99
1 Walgreens Cashews $.99
--------------
Total= $8.63
-$1 Nivea Coupon
-$3 Register Rewards
----------
New Total= $2.33 plus I received $5 back in register rewards

Overall I spent under $7.50 and got back $5. My total savings was around $40, so I paid around 17.5% of the original cost:)

I also went to CVS:

4 Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner Refills $5 each
2 Starbucks Frappicinos 2/$3
-----------
Total= $23
-2 BOGO (buy one get one) Scrubbing Bubbles coupons (-$10)
-2 $1 Starbucks coupons
-10 Extra Care Bucks (ECBs)
------------
New Total=$1.91 and got back 6 in ECBs!! I saved around 93%, based on sale price!

I'm ready to go with this shower cleaner! I shouldn't need to buy cleaner for a while and by then I should get some more nearly free ones!

Hoping to have a camera very soon ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment