Saturday, August 15, 2009

Great Product!!


Ok this is yet again another "organic" post. Sorry, but I had to share. One thing I am doing to be green and thrifty is cloth diapering. I had tried a few diapers in the past and some were better than others. This time around I was going to go with BumGenius 3.0's which are a fantastic diaper, but in my research I found GroBaby diapers. These were not out a year ago when I was buying diapers for my 1yr old, so I was interested to see what all the buzz was about.

Well I found nothing but great reviews. A few negative points here and there, but they were relatively minor. I began looking at the cost side of it (of course!) and found a few things.

1. The GroBaby system was cheaper than many other all in one/one size diapers out there, for me. To buy other pocket or all in one diapers I would have to buy 14-18 diapers to last me 2 days. That would cost anywhere from $252-$324. Going with GroBaby I spent $230.55. Of course that's not HUGE savings over the other diapers, but the packages I bought came with extras that I couldn't get with other systems. I put together 2 packages which allowed me enough diapers for up to 3 days. The numbers I figured for the other diapers (14-18) were based on 2 days, perhaps with an extra diap or two if you are looking at the higher number. Now I still wash diapers every 2 days, but if we have a big day I won't be strapped and my diapers are getting less usage so they should last longer. If I wanted that same situation with other diapers I would have had to spend the $324 range.

2. Like I mentioned above I bought 2 packages. I kind of made my own. I found the "full time" package they offered to be overkill for a 1yr old. We go through 6-8 diapers a day. Using the GroBaby I go through 2-3 shells a day and about 6 or 7 soakers, 1 booster for night time. The "full time package" comes with 10 full set ups (so 10 shells, 10 boosters, 10 soakers), 14 soakers, and 6 boosters. That package is $354.28. It's a great package for younger babies that is for sure, but more than what we needed. So I bought 2 smaller packages. In total I have 7 shells, 15 soakers, and 9 boosters. It costs me over a hundred dollars less and is perfect for us.

So far they have been fantastic! They are easy to use. They clean nicely and are very absorbent. I honestly only have a few small complaints. One is that they seem smallish. My 1yr old is probably going to grow out of them long before she is potty trained. A bit disappointing since I really like them! I have been using their detergent (bought it to get to my reward level, see below) and it's great too. I highly recommend anyone who is thinking about cloth to give these a whirl! Even if you are already into to cloth but haven't tried them. Check them out on facebook too. They have a lot of giveaways and seem super nice!

Now to the rewards thing. I ordered from Soft Cloth Bunz (www.softclothbunz.com). Quick delivery and awesome rewards program. Order from them and your purchase can help you get free stuff from the site. My order qualified me for a $10 gift certificate. They also had the best pricing for the GroBaby packages.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my love for GroBaby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment