Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CVS 4/28



First I'd like to say I'm sorry I have a webcam to work with! I am beginning to think my camera is a goner so please bare with me until I buy a new one. ;)

I was away the last two days and made it to CVS today for a few great deals.

Here is what I got:

2 Zooth kids toothbrushes $1.99 each
6 Command Hooks by 3M (pic above of one) $2.50 each
1 gallon of milk $3.19
------------
Total=$22.17
-$3 off of $15 CVS coupon printed at the scanner
-Buy One Get One free (BOGO) Zooth Toothbrush coupon
-6 $2.50 off Command Hooks (printed this from their site)
-----------
New Total= $2.18

I received 2 Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) for the Zooth items and 5 Extra Care Bucks for the Command products.

My toddler goes through tooth brushes like crazy, so I'll take free kids toothbrushes any day! Also 6 Command hooks may seem like a lot, but they are super handy and versatile. I love the brushed steel looking ones and they are normally $6.99 for the big ones. I bought 3 large and 3 that were medium size. They were all free and they gave me 5 Extra Care Bucks for buying $15 worth before coupons. Great deal!

I now have 7 ECBs to spend there and it only cost me $2.18. I paid 9% of the original total and got 7 ECBs (or $7 really) towards my next transaction. Keep in mind that is the SALE price of the items.

This is why you wait for a sale to purchase. The regular price of this transaction is $40.41!! I used to think CVS was pricey. Looking at that presale price total, they totally are. But with sales, coupons and their ECB program, they are the best deal going for many items!

These are all items we use and that's the key to these deals. Pass on the items you don't use or need. If you are getting it for free, you can ALWAYS donate them or give them to people around you who could use them! But don't buy something just to get the deal, unless it is free. Free is for me :)

Ok enough of the ranting! Just wanted to highlight the importance of buying the *right* items. The whole point is to stock up on items while they are super cheap so you don't have to run out and by them at full price. Most of them time combined with coupons you can save 90% of many items.

0 comments:

Post a Comment